Open sewing is open to youth ages 3rd grade to 12 grade. Students will bring all the materials and pattern to complete their project. This is not a teaching class. Students should be able to work independently on their projects. The teacher will be available to encourage and assist as needed. In addition to bringing a project to work on, kids need a sack lunch and water bottle.
Participants must have completed the Beginning Sewing For Kids class, be currently enrolled in one of the youth sewing classes, or be able to pass the “Are You Ready” skill test.
Skill Level: Beginner – Advanced (3rd grade – High School)
Schedule: 90-minute session. Most Friday’s, but please check the calendar for scheduled times.
Class Size: 4 – 6 students.
Cost: $10/student/class. This includes the use of classroom sewing machines, sewing notions and instruction.
Additional Supplies: Project pattern, pre-washed material, thread and additional supplies as need. Classroom sewing machines are available for use, but you are welcome to bring your own. Water bottle and sack lunch.
- Your class payment reserves your spot.
- No refunds are offered for classes or camps. Cancellations received two weeks before class will be able to transfer their fees to another camp or class. Cancellations received less than two weeks before class starts, or no-shows, may forfeit their class fees entirely.
- If you miss a class you may be able to make up the class or come to an Open Sew day, subject to available space.
- If Celia’s Craft Room needs to cancel a class we will issue a refund in the manner in which you paid or you can transfer your payment to a future session of your choice.
- Classes are subject to change or cancellation based on low attendance.