Celia’s Craft Room: Sewing Studio for Kids and Teens COVID-19 Update
The Sewing Studio is open for business.
To keep the environment clean and as safe as possible:
- ALL classes and camps will be limited to one student or sibling group of no more than three.
- To limit the spread of germs, parents will not be allowed in the studio during Idaho’s reopening phases; unless you are registered to take the class with your child. There is a Starbucks, public library, and several neighborhood parks nearby if you need a hangout spot while your child takes lessons.
- If your child or your family is sick, or if you have been exposed to the virus, please stay home. We can schedule a make-up date.
- Students will be required to use hand sanitizer upon arrival and departure.
- Masks … I will be wearing a mask and keeping my 6 ft distance whenever possible. Parents can decide if students should wear one. Safety first! If a mask is going to cause safety issues for your student when using the sewing machine or iron, I prefer they do not wear one.
- All surfaces will continue to be disinfected before and after classes.
- Due to the nature of teaching sewing lessons, we will not always be six feet apart. If this is an issue then I ask you to wait to sign your student up when Idaho has fully opened.
All classroom safety rules still apply:
- Closed toes shoes must be worn in the studio. We are working with pins, scissors, and knife-sharp rotary cutters … let’s be safe!
- Students will use my classroom machines as they have many safety features built in to give me peace of mind and student success.
- I encourage students to bring a water bottle and snack as needed. Food is not allowed in the studio, but they are welcome to take a short break in the kitchen.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time.