Students will learn: how to read patterns, take body measurements, make pattern adjustments, draw the new fitted pattern on tissue, sew curved seams, finish seams, create a waistband, and inserting elastic. Additional supplies are required.
- Pattern any Simplicity Easy-to-Sew pattern for shorts or pj pants. Pattern companies do updates and pattern numbers may change but the basic designs are usually the same. The one pictured is S9127.
- Pre-washed fabric (please do not use softeners or dryer sheets)
- Matching thread
Participants must have completed the Beginning Sewing For Kids class, be currently enrolled in one of the youth sewing classes, or be able to pass the “Are You Ready” skill test.
*Class times were created with the idea that learning to sew should be enjoyable and not rushed. You might not finish your projects in the allotted time and that’s okay. If you don’t finish you can come back anytime during the open sew day to finish at no additional charge.
- Your class payment reserves your spot.
- No refunds are offered for classes or camps. Cancellations received two weeks before class will be able to transfer their fees to another camp or class. Cancellations received less than two weeks before class starts, or no-shows, may forfeit their class fees entirely.
- If you miss a class you may be able to make up the class or come to an Open Sew day, subject to available space.
- If Celia’s Craft Room needs to cancel a class we will issue a refund in the manner in which you paid or you can transfer your payment to a future session of your choice.
- Classes are subject to change or cancellation based on low attendance.