Quilting class for kids and teens.
Quilting class for beginners. Sew a simple table topper for any holiday theme! Celia can recommend basic patterns to help you get started.
Kids will be introduced to:
- quilting language basics and choosing fabric
- how to properly measure and cut strips of fabric with a rotary cutter
- machine stitch 1/4 inch seam allowance
- proper seam pressing techniques
- making a quilt sandwich
Do you already have experience quilting? Choose your own project and bring your fabric, thread, and batting. Your instructor will guide you through the pattern. Are you more advanced? Want to learn paper piecing or basic machine applique? When you sign up for the class indicate which technique you are interested in learning.
Participants must have completed the Beginning Sewing For Kids class, currently enrolled in one of the youth sewing classes, or be able to pass the “Are You Ready” skill test.
*Class times were created with the idea that learning to sew should be enjoyable and not rushed. You might not finish your projects in the allotted time and that’s okay. If you don’t finish you can come back anytime during the open sew day to finish at no additional charge.
- Your class payment reserves your spot.
- No refunds are offered for classes or camps. Cancellations received two weeks before class will be able to transfer their fees to another camp or class. Cancellations received less than two weeks before class starts, or no-shows, may forfeit their class fees entirely.
- If you miss a class you may be able to make up the class or come to an Open Sew day, subject to available space.
- If Celia’s Craft Room needs to cancel a class we will issue a refund in the manner in which you paid or you can transfer your payment to a future session of your choice.
- Classes are subject to change or cancellation based on low attendance.